I did make it through my deadline and "snack attack" last night, but just barely. Somewhere in the wee hours I ate a tiny bit of my breakfast food just to shut my mind up. The bigger cheat was only getting a few hours sleep. Chocolate bar is still intact although I may have to wrap it with duct tape going forward.
Some funny reactions to the new diet Patrick sent. One: I got more snackage added... um, an egg white (not exactly what I had in mind last night). Note to self... careful what you wish for. Also, a friend looked at my food grams and proclaimed, "He's trying to beef you up." Hmmm, I have to admit, the thought has occurred to me.
Had another crazy start this morning but got going even earlier to prep some food and skip. Love it. Up to sets of 250 occasionally. Not always. Sometimes I get to five.
Had boiled egg, sprouted bread, steamed yam and spinach for breakfast. Pear and cinnamon for snack. Lunch was a tuna panini... not the sashimi I had requested (panini sounds like sashimi apparently). I took the cheese off, ate the sandwich with cucumber on the side but felt gross after. Too heavy, mayo and not enough veg. Next time I will not be so polite. To "make up" for getting the sushi wrong, the caterer brought me three chocolate chip cookies as "a surprise" with my coffee. I considered licking them, but gave them away instead.
When I asked for skim milk, another acquaintance said, "Skim? You should be drinking cream by the glass..." I have to say, being relatively slim does not net much sympathy on a "diet". I have started to call it this my chemistry project instead. I have one skinny-fat friend and she gets it. We both want to be lean and mean (strong). I also want to be badass.
Tonight I am finally at my last destination of the day, a retreat on the edge of Porpoise Bay inlet in the Village of Sechelt, BC. on a travel assignment. Along with lugging my camera equipment, laptop, scale, workout gear etc. I packed in all my own food. I will be having steamed prawns, brown rice, spinach and cucumber with potatoes for dinner. Chopped cherries and blueberries with a bit of yogurt later for snack. Lucky! Then I am going to sit in that steamy hot tub and go to bed.
It's official. I am really going to try and get my sleep situation in order. Surrender and follow the "rules".
Happy weekend everyone. Happy eating.

Hey Chris: loved your blog today. Dinner sounded great. Keep it up. Richard
ReplyDeleteSurrender suggests defeat. Working with the PCP makes you a winner. Think of the situation more as making a positive choice.
ReplyDeletethanks, and i think i know what you mean sean, but i mean surrender in the yogic sense, as in "letting go" (of constraints) and letting things roll :)
ReplyDeleteLove the picture you posted! When I saw your diet I thought the same thing.....he's trying to beef you up. I was wondering how you were going to snack on an egg white...it did get a chuckle from me too. I'd better be careful or I'll get an egg white next! ha
ReplyDeleteI HATE those people who assume because you're not fat that you should start shoving whatever into your body. Ignore them.
ReplyDelete"I also want to be badass." Love it.
ReplyDeleteHi Chris,
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I laughed a few times. Thanks for sharing, and cool photo, too. When I started PCP, more than a few people asked me why I "was going on a diet" cause I am "so skinny" (not true at all). I've explained to them the crux of the food we are eating and they changed their minds and thought it was pretty cool to get away from processed things and have "grandma approved" stuff. You are in Sechelt? I lived in Vancouver for 10 years and used to go to Sechelt for weekends away. Hope you are getting some good weather. Tough when it rains.