Monday, January 31, 2011

real food comming soon


Well I found this sign in the window of a restaurant space and I thought it was funny at the time, hilarious now.

I think grocery shopping is so much easier/faster when you primarily visit the produce, seafood, bakery and dairy. 90 percent of the store is off limits/irrelevant. How liberating!

Speaking of food, this big guy is my BFF, Cliff. He was in a real funk when his share of the 1/2 meals ended, week two. But he is back on his game today, enjoying my discarded hard boiled egg yolks each day during snack.

We almost lost Cliff in November (he's an old dude, 15 or so) to a nasty lung infection. We took him home from the vet's and tried to think of something he might like to eat, so we boiled a chicken with some barley, brown rice, carrots, celery, potatoes and green beans, mushed it up and fed it to him with a syringe. Low and behold he bounced back! He has been eating this "soup" ever since and seems much healthier and happier. As I was making his food today it occurred to me that it is very PCP friendly. No salt either. Hmmm, I might have some for dinner. 

The workouts are going great and I am getting more sleep! 7 hours is genius. But I am a bit ticked off at the pull-ups. I can do a few real chin-ups with the hand position reversed but cannot even imagine doing a proper pull up... And my skipping rope broke today. Hardcore or what?! I am finding the abs a bit too... um, easy... so I've added my old ab routine at the end. I am sure I will regret this or drop it at some point.

The last few photoshoots I have done I have noticed how much easier it is to haul my camera equipment, tripods, ladders around by myself. This is awesome!

But the weekend was a challenge with several social outings which resulted in me not eating enough or cheating (as in puff pastry) because I was unprepared and let's face it: WEAK in the company of caramelized onion, dried fig and feta pizza... (on puff pastry).

But I hope everyone is grooving on the sweet goodness of those fruit snacks...

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I love Cliff. Tomorrow is a new day. (I know too well). Start fresh again.
    You're hard core with those abs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, if you've got a good base of ab strength, these first weeks are way too easy. Truth be told, we haven't even started the real ab stuff yet. So do any extra stuff you want to now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love cliff! handsome fella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cliff's meal sounds pretty good? He's a beauty. The fruit looks good too. Can't let yourself slip on the weekends though...stay strong. your friends will want to know what's up and when you tell them they will be supportive and not allow you to slip...but the puff pastry sounds really good. Found myself staring at a few things the other day at the bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice pictures, Cliff is a beauty! I'm same as you on the abs...i've been doubling the suggested reps...but no doubt they will get more difficult..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonder what the "real" food will be? :)

    Great photos.

    Ya'll must have strong abs because mine scream every day. Could it be because I've had kids?

    ReplyDelete