Thursday, January 27, 2011

hit me with your best shot

I am having difficulty sticking to the snacking schedule. I mean I am sticking to it, but I am not liking it at all today. I wish I had written yesterday, when I was IN LOVE with my sweet, succulent fruit cup at 3pm. I carried it all the way from a cafe in downtown Vancouver to the ferry terminal (on the bus) feeling very smug and health-nutty. I ate it slowly during the ferry trip, while seemingly everyone else ate french fries. I thought, "Those poor, dear souls, they just don't know what they're missing."

Today is the opposite. This afternoon I opened the fridge and thought: "I don't want a f-ing fruit snack."

So what's the diff? Today I am really behind and facing insane deadlines, so it is prime snack time. Plus, I don't have a nice fruit salad all prepped and ready for me, just plain apples and pears. Besides, I prefer crunchy things and chocolate when I am freaking out about deadlines. Luckily I cleared the cupboards of those temptations save a 99% dark chocolate bar (for serious emergencies only).

I fear I have a lot to do tonight and not nearly enough snackage to get me through it... Plus, I am anxious about upcoming diet allotments.... What if there are less snacks! I have to go back to the city tomorrow and I have no food prepared.... a dangerous situation to be sure.... yes, anxiety driven snacking. My nemesis.

Eeeks. Okay, deep breath. I am thinking... success at the PCP is maybe similar to me trying to be more successful at meeting my deadlines. For both I need ample:

Preparation
Commitment
Focus and...
Coffee!



(and just a few more snacks please)... xx C 

4 comments:

  1. Dont panic! Just breathe... breathe... breathe. Take one thing at a time and keep in mind it will all work out- you will meet your deadlines like you always do... and you dont need chocolate or snacks to do it. You need the strength of Chris and her can do attitude- no more crutches of chocolate! Go Get 'Em Girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the snacks also! I'm feeling a bit distant from all the fruit today as well. I'm going to buy some different fruit tomorrow. Kiwi, mango, watermelon. Does fruit sorbet count as a fruit? JUST KIDDING

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're doing really well Chris, I don't think that you have anything to be worried about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The up and down feelings are normal....I can tell this by the group....it happens. I think variety is the key. We're trying things we've never tried....like some....others, not so much! I also think a lot of our eating habits are by habit....it just takes time to retrain our habits.

    ReplyDelete