Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 1 - half a mind

As luck would have it, I woke up (day one) absolutely famished. Usually I am pretty indifferent about breakfast. Waking up is more about coffee. But today was all about mindgames. "I mean who eats half a banana with their oatmeal, that's just silly," mind said. "You've bought WAY bigger bananas in the past; just eat the whole bloody thing, who's gonna know?"

And that my friends is pretty much how day one went down for me. Resistance.

Emergency cigarettes (I don't even smoke), McDonald's (never eat there) and tequila shots (maybe once in my life) each very briefly crossed my mind as odd possibilities at various points today... But I was good and totally did as was told (with the exception of halving coffee intake because, let's get serious, that's ridiculous). After reading the blogs it seemed like the other PCPers were not having any problems with the half rations. "Hmmm, maybe you're just a big baby," mind said. That made me want to suck it up and get with the program, big time.

Oh, I did the workout too... so glad we are easing into it, especially given the rations situation.

And having only one (lovely) glass of wine tonight means that I do not feel like eating an entire bag of potato chips right before bed, as per usual after several units of alcohol... I had half of an apple instead. Success!

Thanks so much PCP team... Good Luck... Let's go!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha....I can TOTALLY related to this post!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete