Monday, January 24, 2011

getting into the swing

Day three of the diet and I am onto it. Note to self: raw greens are an overwhelming choice for the veggie allotment unless you want to drown your sorrows in chopped kale. And carbs don't have to be bread: I am enjoying less bulk of heavier things: cooked quinoa, barley, brown rice.

The workouts have ramped up so I am hungrier too. Usually I gain around 5lbs when I work out, so this will be interesting going forward, as I have lost a couple of lbs so far, likely post-christmas revelry, good riddance. Week two pix are up. I think I look the same, but I feel stronger so it's all good.

Breakfast today was two slices sprouted bread (made from sprouted grains rather than flour) toasted and slathered with roasted squash "butter" (literally, just roasted squash mashed up), sliced hardboiled egg and tomato. Bit of cracked black pepper. Three cups of tea and milk... little piggy. Nice.

I love eating like this (although the amounts are still double my choosing)... sans sugar especially and with the protein, makes me feel even in temperament and clean in body. And the workouts are energizing, once I figured out the pull up thing. Now I just use my stationary pull up bar attached to the door frame, using a chair seat and booster positioned to raise my feet and body.

Hope your week is going well so far too... I am both distracted and sad by world events overnight.

All good wishes.

4 comments:

  1. hahahha --- I gave up the raw greens also....WAY too much bulk. I look for the densest stuff so it's "less" volume! :)

    Pretty creative with your incline pull ups.....those are killing me and I'm not doing them as well as I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought to do an incline pull up with an actual pull up bar and a chair. Don't slip, that's a long way to fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris - seems like you are on the right track taking most of this in stride...nice. I like the breakfast choice...sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome meal planning. I think I'm going to copy some of that! I thought of the incline pull up with the chin up bar also, but my friend Sara who did the PCP last go-around fell on her arse doing that, so I have stayed away. Be careful!

    ReplyDelete