Some small changes worth noting:
My overall mobility has improved immensely. I even drive better (I can move my neck and shoulders and check my blind spots more easily). And although I have not been doing much stretching, my flexibility is awesome. In between crunch sets I can rest flat on my back and stretch my arms to rest flat on the floor, way over my head. I can forward fold. Touch my toes! I feel like Gumby.
My torso is filling out like a tree (although I am visualizing a surfboard).
I used to feel like a messed-up marionette puppet (one with all the strings tangled up). Now those strings have come untangled, aligned and tightened up. My body seems to self-correct its posture. One year of pilates 3X/week and I never even came close to this.
This is big.
But it's not all sunshine and roses in my head. I feel really bloated and stuffed. The one time I feel great is first thing in the morning/until after breakfast.... the rest of the day is an eating/snacking marathon... hoping my diet gets cut tomorrow. I am definitely gaining weight/getting bigger. I am not sure how I feel about that. Actually I feel like skipping meals and snacks but so far have been good, taking my medicine.
Gotta eat! Keep stretching that stomach.
ReplyDeleteConsistent intelligent training > Pilates, Yoga, Spin Classes, Zumba, you name it. So few get this right.
Chris, You have made such great changes and with trying so many things in the past, how wonderful this has worked so well for you.
ReplyDeleteYou drive better? Maybe I sould get Eileen to get on the PCP-train. Hahahaaaaaa... your observations are inspiring and I hope many of the "younger PCP-ers" read about your experience...they will be motivated.
ReplyDeleteFunny comment about Eilenen, Scott. I don't think my hubby has noticed an improvement in my driving! Anyway, nice to read all your changes!
ReplyDeleteI'm noticing that my body is correcting it's natural slouch from being a desk worker. Thinking of getting one of those balances you put on a chair that make you use your back as you sit and work.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your description of the marionette to tree. Beautiful.
yeh - a lot of food eh - i hear ya completely.. its funny about mobility. at my parents place we have a staircase thats pretty steep and used to give me a hard time. i coudlnt believe how much easier it was climbing up! those pistols.. knew they wouldnt let me down in the end!
ReplyDelete