
Breakfast:
I've been enjoying seeing what others are eating so thought I should get with the program and post something. Here's breakfast, my favourite meal of the day: poached salmon and avocado on sourdough barley toast with roasted yam "jam", steamed Swiss chard, brocoflower, and raw red pepper. Delish.
Concerns:
After breakfast, I have to say, eating 7 more times becomes a bit of a chore. It feels constant. I used to only eat when I was hungry. Ravenous actually (which led to all kinds of assaults on my system). Now I am trying not to interpret AMAYW veg to as ALAIW (as little as I want) because I know veg are so important. For a change this weekend I (took out a second mortgage) bought some organic turkey breast.... it is tasty but so filling at my grams and makes me sleepy. I think I will switch back to seafood. I don't mean to complain, I love the food in general. It's just that I feel so great when I wake up in the morning on empty. By the time I go to bed I feel like a beached whale.
Since I have been sleeping so much more these last two weeks of PCP my muscles are not as sore, even though the workouts are getting harder. I am wondering if the muscles are recovering, or if I should be pushing it more during the sets. I am near or at failure by the last sets of everything. But in the past I've felt so much more "wasted" the next day when I worked out hard. But then again, I never used to sleep. So I am not sure what is going on.
My abs feel like they might be starting to pop out, barrel-like. This could just be egg-methane but I am trying to suck them back in!
Breakthroughs:
I am so happy to be getting stronger. Today, out of the blue I was able to do the chest dips. Now, I didn't got down as far as I'd like to, but I could hardly do any before without my toes on the ground. Today I did all the sets with toes up. Just like that. Holy crap. I did the happy dance.
And, I did a pull-up. A proper one! Actually, I've been doing them all weekend. Just one at a time, mind you... but hey, they're all mine.
Okay, jeesh, that's enough of me! Time to snack...............
Have a great day/week everyone.
Work it hard! You can do it!
(HUGS if you need 'em).
Should send people to this blog under the heading. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ACTUALLY SLEEP.
ReplyDeleteSleep is responsible for everything you mentioned in this post. Good work. So few people get the Zzzs right.
superb looking breakfast, and mirror what you are saying on the sleep patterns.. prior to the PCP was a nightowl, and often getting to sleep at 1 or 2am and up at 8. I kept the same pattern for the first few PCP weeks and was sore and stiff in the morning. Now being more disciplined on the sleep, find it so much easier to get through the exercises, and much better in the a.m. as well. That, and making sure to stretch. didnt last night, and was walking like John Wayne this morning. Inspiring post as always!
ReplyDeleteHey going great there Chris - and this is really difficult stuff. Your breakfast looks amazing- interested in the yam use there. Hey with the pull ups - from being able to do one - you'll be able to do three and then sets, etc.
ReplyDeleteGood points on sleep; you've inspired me to get more of it. Maybe that's why they call it beauty sleep?
Keep it up. Love your blogs.
ur breakfast looks lush!! great going on pull up - how i admire u!!
ReplyDeleteLaughed at the methane comment, but seriously, good for you on the abs and your own pullups!
ReplyDeleteChris, you are amazing. I bet we're going to be seeing a brunette version of Pink at this week's photo shoot. Keep it up girl.
ReplyDeleteChris - I could use some of your creative genious at breakfast. Brilliant.
ReplyDeleteI want your breakfast!
ReplyDeleteYOU CAN DO A PULLUP!!!! Yeah for you. I think you're the first girl in the group who can do a pullup. You need a prize. I want to do a pullup. Maybe I should go try again to see if I can do one yet?! Great job.
Congratulations Chris!
ReplyDeleteYour BF looks so yummy. I still haven't had fish for breakfast. Will definitely try it.
About the chest dips: keep the motion as stable and smooth as possible. I think I hurt myself coming back up too quickly. Thanks for your comments too!