Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 63: PCP for pain relief

A PCP observation of the non-aesthetic variety:

I used to take a lot of ibuprofen for headaches, achy joints, wrist/shoulder/neck problems, wineovers (not quite a hangover, but certainly close) and lady issues. I am guessing maybe 30-40, 200mg tablets (at least), over a typical 30-day time frame. Excessive, I know. I popped them like candy.

But today I realized I can only recall taking one or two (total!) since starting the PCP. It is a huge differential. The headaches are gone, my body and joints feel juicy (in a good way) and even my wrists and shoulder are not troubling me. Wineovers are history, naturally. Lady issues/PMS PCP benefits warrant a whole other post (be warned gentlemen).

PCP for pain relief. Loving it.

Have a nice weekend!

5 comments:

  1. That's cool! I got Patrick's mail about physiological changes today. I think having more even blood sugar is good for hormonal balance (not sure why), and eating more protein feels really nourishing.

    I think that just looking after your body with good food helps to eliminate a lot of stress through processed stuff.

    I'm looking forward to your post about the Lady Issues - I know you'll handle it with class!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where do you think the pain has gone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've certainly noticed almost non existent monthly pains which is amazing.. i used to takr pretty heavy painkillers then too, sometimes the cramps were so bad i couldnt physically get out of bed! all gone... one of the biggest triumphs on the pcp :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where has the pain gone? I think endorphins combat mood swings which have lessened also because of better nutrition and my body is simply functioning at a higher level overall as I get stronger and sleep more. Pain is a response to dis-ease of some sort. Enjoying more ease on PCP...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are several lady things that have changed! Ahem!!! :)

    ReplyDelete