Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 46: beat

As much as I want to write a cheery post for the newcomers (hey, welcome everybody!) I am feeling totally thrashed today. Despite crashing at 10pm last night, I could not drag myself out of bed before 6:30am this morning for the skipping bit. The timed sets rock though and skipping in general has become quite meditative. I have been picking mantras to skip to. Halfway through skipping my stomach usually starts to rumble. I tell my body to switch to the spare tank (the one around my middle). Hah. 

Call me crazy. I love pistol squats. Maybe because I can do them, unlike the chest dips, which I completely suck at. I think I might be structurally compromised or something. And the increase in push up reps very nearly brought me to tears... hello face plant.

Eating has become a full-time job. By the end of the day I am a stuffed pig. Next morning, hungry again. Where does it go? This is a huge mystery to me.

I need an intravenous drip of coffee, or something. My butt is killing me.

All this hard work is gonna pay off right?

You bet it is.

Keep it going everybody!

5 comments:

  1. Yep you crazy liking pistol squats! :)

    It better pay, right?

    My butt is killing me also!

    I like seeing all the newcomers on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i know what u mean - i quite like pistol squats, not so much cos i'm good at it but i feel it working pretty easily, and i got a hang of doing it as well. it's gonna pay off.. though i think it may take me longer than 90 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious blog there Chris: and yes - you be crazy liking those pistol squats.. Funny note on the face plant - I know exactly what you are talking about. Keep it up - you're going great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that. Yep, push ups kill my butt is sore, but yet another pair of work pants are too big. It will pay off... I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't sugar coat it for the fresh faces, this is hard work!

    ReplyDelete