First of all, warm shouts to all the PCP peeps hot on our heels. I have been enjoying your blogs and enthusiasm and only wish there were more hours in the day to write proper comments. Keep it going strong you guys 'cause it only gets better (evil laugh). Seriously, you're all doing great and I can't wait to watch you finish a la peak.
Yesterday was all about stress for me. Lots of stuff going on, most of it good, if only I remind myself to view it that way. And so back to the grindstone... up early this am, jumps done. I tried Aki, Richard and Molly's full-throttle technique on the jumping (15 mins straight). Holy crap, I didn't think I could do that. Turns out I can! Plus the uninterrupted rhythm let my head chill out a little. So thanks for the tip...
For some reason I will likely regret tomorrow, I found the exercise sets a little laid back today (except shoulder bloody raises) so I pushed out extra sets, plus to failure on the last sets. GRRRR dirty deeds.
I made a new drink to cheer me up. I call it: Monkey on my back.
One banana, one egg white, 100ml yogurt, 100ml milk, 1 HEAPING teaspoon instant coffee, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, cinnamon. Whip it with a blender until thick. Lap it. Love it. (Sorry if the instant coffee offends connoisseurs, I have no shame when it comes to caffeine.)
xo
Thanks Chris, love reading your blogs, so funny and inspirational to us new-comers!
ReplyDeleteYour new drinks sounds yummy, might try that one as i'm finding boiled egg whites really hard to handle as is and need some creative ways to make it tasty! (well at least more palatable!)
keep rocking- you're almost at the finish line- lucky u!!!
haha i hear ya on the potentially-regretful comments.. one day its do-able the next day fat chance of extra sets.. how magnificent and stranege our body is.. one thing for sure ur rocking it and again, awesome recipe. x
ReplyDeleteOh yeah - it's great to chill out in your mind with the one set jumps.
ReplyDeleteCoffee--- yuck ----you can have it all! Can't stand the stuff even though it smells like pure bliss!
Much of awesomeness to ya. So pleased that you had a better day.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about commenting in detail - you have a life as well as PCP.
I too, am an instant coffee whore these days. And Patrick drank flavoured coffee when he was trying to break his mocha habit...