Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 75: not enough zzzz

Last night I made the mistake of opening a late-breaking email, then staying up half the night to work on a moving target project. I say yes way too recklessly. Not good. Got about 3 hours sleep in the end. Not good at all! Energy-wise I felt stoked when I woke up though and still zippy this afternoon. (Seems I like adrenalin almost as much as endorphins). However, the all-nighter crash is usually on a 36-hour delay. I will feel like crap tomorrow. This is a step backwards (obviously). Dipping my toe in my old ways... testing the post-PCP waters. Wasting perfectly good muscle-growing time!

Got to put the boots to the workout now... workout, jumps, 8MA... bring on tomorrow please. I will try to get it right.

xx

6 comments:

  1. At least you know what's coming. It's all a balancing act. 'Balancing' means that you are supposed to have it a bit off kilter. Then the fluctuations get smaller around your target.

    I like thinking about sleep as 'muscle growing time'. Tried to get to sleep early last night, but was restless. No doubt tonight's training with Patrick and Paul will set me straight.

    Sweet dreams tonight dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 hours - ouch! but i hear y a- sometimes i cant sleep for a few hours and bad dreams means i wake up a few times overnight.. i see how that cant be good for a body that needs plenty of rest .. oh well, such is life some times x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done that same thing so many times, opening the late night email and messing up sleep time. So I started a policy of completely shutting the computer down past 7 pm. Helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how educated you are now with all of this new regime: excellent stuff although sorry about the lack of sleep.. yes - missed muscle building time although you're going great either way. I hope you feel OK on your morning there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I need to shut the computer down at 7 PM!!! My husband would love that! ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tips guys. Okay, baby steps: I'll stop taking my BlackBerry to bed!

    ReplyDelete