Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 74: Salud



Read Patrick's funny indulgence email on my BB exactly five hours prior to wine festival tasting party number two. Hmmmn, should I just go for it tonight and spend my 1000 calories on a barrel of rose and a motherload of tapas? Nah. I decided five hours lead time was not nearly enough foreplay. I mean, half the point/fun of the indulgence is in the anticipation leading up to it right? Consequently the party was over for me before it got started. I had a splash of rose in my glass as my cover. I ate some potato frittata (one inch square) which was fine. I watched people elbow their way up to the tables, intent of tasting every bloody bottle in the room as fast as possible. I contemplated changing careers.

Then I came back to my hotel to plot the strategy...

Stay tuned for Operation Indulgence.

I can't wait!

PS: Had to wear flats tonight because my legs were SHOT.

3 comments:

  1. hahah i hear ya on those high heels! yup also lookin fwd to plotting my indulgence :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that indulgence e-mail caught me by surprise and was pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - no idea here either on the indulgence.. although we're so close to the finish line it seems a bit weird.. I got caught by that email too.. Look forward to hearing your indulgence plan.

    ReplyDelete