Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 53: Lunch monkey, surfing


Lunch has become the monkey on my back...... Here's how my days are currently going down: I get up at 6am and jump. Then eat pre-workout carbs; then workout; then eat after workout egg white and yogurt, then cuppa, then deep breath: here comes breakfast. After breaky I start getting mentally ready for snack: fruit and a whole egg... Now it is nearly lunch time and the thought makes me want to hurl.

And so, I have to step it up at lunch to have any sort of enthusiasm for eating again. 

Pasta, shrimp, steamed peas, beets, parsnips, squash, scallions. A bit of plain yogurt for sauce. It was pretty good...

Been thinking about surfing lately so watched Surf Wise documentary, the story of the Paskowitz family, last night. Quite a rich film in the context of PCP... (I had no idea). Here is a quote from Dorian, family patriarch:

"I try to be as healthy as possible. There is the key…. Health, more than the mere absence of disease, is the presence of a superior state of well being – a pizazz – a vitality that has to be worked for each and every day of your life.

You cannot get it in a bottle, or from Dr. Phil. It’s got to be gotten from diet and exercise, and rest and recreation, and attitudes of mind, working all together, every day of your life."

And here is the trailer in case you are interested...




Have a great day!

xx


6 comments:

  1. Chris, all that food is difficult. Your lunch looks great though. Wish I had that kind of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, so many people are satisfied with merely "not sick" and losing decades of vitality because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris - what a great video. I would say living the "Surfwise" lifestyle on the coasts of Australia would be very easy to do - and you'd get benefits. Great find. BTW - your lunch there looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. will watch video later (at work!) but love ur lunch, might try myself ovber the wk end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I checked in pre-bedtime, inspiring as always. That quote from surf-wise one for the list in the diary. Yes, cant wait to get up in 8 hours for my rope now! Keep it up Chris, looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two things: great video (especially with my Bali trip coming up) and BEST blog title so far. Congratulations, stirling work.

    ReplyDelete