Friday, February 18, 2011

the view at the end of week five












Observations coming home...

My body feels different. It’s less spongy.
I am more grounded physically, like a tree.
My posture is better when I sit at my computer.
I am drinking way less coffee but enjoying it much more.
I look forward to my meals but I am no longer hungry all the time.
Giving up wine has been much easier than I thought it would be.
Lots of stuff at the grocery store doesn’t seem like food anymore.
Fruits and vegetables taste really bright and sweet when eaten on their own.
I work out harder at home by myself, making funny faces and noises.
When I get enough sleep my body seems to knit itself back together overnight. 
I feel stronger and no longer care so much about whether I look stronger.
My mood is much calmer and kinder when not fueled by sugary treats.
I have never eaten so much protein in my life; hoping this is my missing link.
I am getting more from PCP than a better body or new fitness regime
I still worry that I am too skinny some days; too flabby other days.
Comparing myself to others in terms of progress is getting me down.
I am trying to trust the program completely and just go with the flow.
To be honest I still really covet that egg white dinner shake.
I am a bit overwhelmed by my diet to eat more and more.
The cute barista made a heart on my skinny latte tonight.
I am taking that as a compliment…
Ready to rock week six!

Awesome work everybody... bon weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Had to read that one twice... I must say, if i could have written that, i would have. So many of the things im feeling too in there. Powerful in its quiet way! good pic too. Keep it up Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nick, you're expressing exactly what I'm feeling too. Great blog Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Chris. I admire how true to yourself you are. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow --- you have a great way with words. I echo this post but don't have the words to get it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give it a title and put it to music! PCP's forst number 1 song! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hear hear - tryin to trust the program and not worry about results now... and all the hard work def worth the heart on the latte! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post that really touches on a lot of points we are all feeling. And that photo makes me miss home. But in a good way. Thanks for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete