Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday flannels

Okay finally I understand why the gym jocks wear athletic gear ALL the time. It's the only thing that feels remotely comfortable on a tired, sore body. I am pushing it as hard as I can this week to make good use of my gift of protein...  I have always worked out on an empty stomach (cuppa not withstanding), but now I am doing the skipping only on empty, then I eat a bit, wait a bit, then do the strength sets. Then I eat my breakfast, ravenous. And I wait for snack. My body feels like a food furnace.

Everything is pretty cool with the exercises. I thought I had the pistols nailed until I watched the video of the guy doing them without the chair. That chair is my friend man, don't take it away. V-sits I've got down; I am rocking minute planks but need to push them more... Creeps are aptly named but bearable. Floor jumps too. All the rubber bandy sets are going up in terms of band power... so this is good.... And I still fully and completely suck at chest dips. But my chest (such that it is) is killing me ... funny how this makes me happy.

Mood is good.... feeling groovy. Feeling grateful actually. For this body that is working and this opportunity. And for all you PCPers.... you are all so interesting and inspiring....

Keep on keeping on.... !

4 comments:

  1. yeay! groovay baby! nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog there Chris: I can hear the positive thoughts and attitude in your words. Keep it up.

    1 minute planks are impressive (only if) and the fact that your chest is hurting means that your wrecking those muscle fibres that need repair (which gives growth): all good.

    Nothing like a good cuppa. Get up - work out - drink water if you're thirsty and then do all of this pre-morning shower and brekky. Then you're day is done - you're happily sore knowing you've worked out.

    This aint easy but when in our lives has it been this well mapped out for us.

    Keep it up - you're doing brilliant there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Chris + the comments!

    ReplyDelete