Thursday, February 3, 2011

fun times... food times

The workouts are good. My rope is getting shorter as it keeps breaking and I am tying it off (time to return it, obviously). I can do 3/4 of one pull up. Long way to go, geesh.

The food situation is good. The simplest things taste so nice. Although I am a LOT hungrier now. And I get a little freaky (like grumpy/high) in the afternoon, after the pure fruit snack. Bit of a sugar rush maybe. The fruit snacks I have with egg white or milk are totally different. Level. Interesting to actually be aware of these things.

Because my work involves food + wine (sigh) I get invited to a lot of fun foodie/chef events which I have been turning down so far. I mean it's one thing to spit out your wine at a tasting (that's cool), quite another to spit out your food. However, on Tuesday in Vancouver, Fairmont Hotels is releasing a new "special + wellness diets" menu: meaning heart healthy, vegan, raw and gluten-free foods, so I've decided to go to this event as I am curious. I wonder if there will be anything PCP friendly? We'll see...

Funny juxtaposition of assignments to file yesterday. One was an article on Parisian-style macarons (the most succulent cookies ever invented possibly).... mercy:






And the other was a piece on having weekly organic produce delivered to your home... thank goodness for that!

What luck to get all of those fruits and veg delivered to my house. Actually there were two boxes. And everything in there I could eat!

Now, I have to admit I am feeling anxious about the new diets (what will change I wonder?) and excited to see the week's workouts. Do you look ahead? I immediately go to the last day to see how many jumps!

Have a lovely weekend everybody!

 

6 comments:

  1. Take it one day at a time and avoid looking ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris- strangely I'm almost more envious of the box of veggies rather than the macaroons- times are changing -btw I've got an old fashioned leather/wood rope which I think is very good. As for crossovers- no way
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha -- I also look at Friday's jump count first thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also look ahead, can't help it. Can you freeze those macaroons and send one over here to NY in about 70 days? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. u ladies are brave...! i usually just check out the food hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I send you my address do you think they will send that vegtable pack over to my house here in New England? And one to my office in NY on Monday, then to my office in Philly on Tuesday? And then Toronto next Friday? Get the idea?

    ReplyDelete