I've been trying to go a bit easier on myself these last few days. Not physically (still kicking ass in the workouts, no mercy!) but mentally. Professionally things have been intense and my workload is off the charts. I can barely hold it all together. But I always go above and beyond. In fact, today I showed up 24 hours early for an appointment (I am known for my punctuality, but that was a first). Instead of being totally mortified, I just laughed it off, "It's these bloody workouts, my trainer... he's an animal!".
Also, I have been thanking my body which just this morning cracked off two proper pull-ups with a kung-fu sit-up at the top. "Dude, you're really pulling through for me. I am sorry for calling you scrawny. You're actually a tough little sucker."
And I have been taking the occasional big breath, just for the breath's sake. It sure beats sucking my stomach in.
I guess what I am saying is that the tougher this gets, the softer my edges are becoming.
And despite my outward attempts at humour, I really needed to lighten up a bit. Looking forward to ending on a high note and taking time to celebrate. It's a little early to pop the cork, I realize. But I am getting ready...
Cheering you on!
Please don't lose that humor/sarcasm. I need my daily dose! :)
ReplyDeleteyour trainer is an animal.. but so are you. really enjoy your posts, really outline the mental side of the PCP nicely. know what you mean about the softer edges. kind of feels like altho we are ramping up, we are actually kind of easing into the station at the end of 90 days. get that champagne on ice, that will be a nice final motivator! looking forward to day 90 shots, looking phenomenal right now! all that hard work really shows
ReplyDeleteMental health is the pot of gold at the end of the fitness rainbow. Few get there, sounds like you have!
ReplyDeletelove ur blogs, so funny - yeh its nice to give oursleves a little mental break given the tough workouts we're putting our bodies through! amazing how they pull thru in the end tho. haha u must be soooo busy, admire u getting on w it, i'd just panic and sit there and cry!
ReplyDeleteYou're taking the energy and pumping it out there.
ReplyDeleteGetting a balance is just that...balanCING.
Good luck with the workload. You'll blast it!
Woo Hoo to you doing 2 pullups --- I just posted about wanting to do ONE! Go animal go! :)
ReplyDeleteHey - this video is kind of how I got going with pull-ups. I didn't use the back of the chair but the chair itself. I placed it behind me and from using that I worked forward to do sets. Now no problems at all. I hope this is useful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SluqGShKncc&feature=related
ReplyDeleteYes - it is worth chilling that bottle of champagne now: you deserve it!
Keep it up Chris.