Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 88: auspicious day

Woke up feeling really strong today. Jumps flowed, easy peasy. Even the workout was nice and even. I felt a breakthrough on the incline pull-ups. Not easy, but less of a struggle pushing to maximum reps. I felt the heat in my biceps and a lasting burn in my shoulders. I hesitate to say I felt "pumped" after the workout (will likely never use that word again without blushing) but I did feel strangely triumphant. And I thought my abs would be ruined today but they rallied... planks were a much more honest failure (kept blackberry face down).

I would like to remember the ease, flow and strength of today's workout.

Because tomorrow looks like a humdinger... of course I looked.

Keep calm.

xx

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good few days of repair this week. Sleep and protein!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to ban my crackberry on day 70ish

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah yeh i did as well... and i shouldnt have - cos i, once again, could not face it first thign in the morning - now i have to deal with it after the horseriding! but hey. just 2 more days. two more! good luck, i really like that we can still, at day 88, see improvements on these workouts! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound calm and strong. Claim that triumph. You've earned it baby.

    ReplyDelete