Well the supersets lived up to their ruthless reputation. Having read the upchucking comments prior I decided to do the workout pre-breakfast (was not willing to sacrifice my beloved PCP breakfast for anything, not even Day 89). I jumped, then picked out the biggest banana and ate that instead. Ready to kill the sets!
And they were tough. Physically, I could not complete all the shoulder sets without resorting to little tiny micro moves at the end. BURNING. But the real challenge was mental (always the case with me). Push, push, push mentally to get to my physical limits. My inside voice was a bitch.
After the arms/shoulders sets my body actually started shaking and I think (okay I know) I was crying. I don't cry, ever. This was/is mortifying. I basically self combusted in a heap for a few seconds. Strangely, this felt more physical than mental. WTF?
And then I did the abs...
Anyhow, no need to call the funny farm. I'm over it now (ready for breakfast!!!) but that was a very weird experience.
So thanks Patrick, I think.
xx
There was a point I could have burst in to tears also so I understand. For me it would have been just the overwhelming feeling of 89 days of accomplishment. Great job!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, extremely difficult. I don't think I pushed myself as hard as you or I would be crying for days with my hormones.
ReplyDeleteFantastic Chris! The tears are a great sign, it doesn't get tougher than that.
ReplyDeleteThe muscles I burned up 2 days ago still hurt a bit this morning. Supersets! wow. Who would have thunk it 90 days ago. Great job Chris...simply awesome! COngratulations on Day 90!!! The finish line is behind you now.
ReplyDelete