At first I was really ticked off when I read the new diets. "Hey, I said: no more food dude!" But there it was, plain as day on my BB: more grams of protein and carbs; plus added banana. I have been feeling a huge amount of resistance to the eating part of PCP lately. I am not sure what my problem is or where the feeling comes from exactly. Fear rings a bell. Maybe it is because I am busting out of my skinny jeans. I wouldn't mind "baby got back" if my stomach was flat. You see what I am dealing with here? It's not very deep.
Then I came upon a thin elder man in a T-shirt in the pouring rain in downtown Vancouver holding out his hand. It was lunch time and I was damp and cold even in a winter coat. I gave him some change and stopped to chat for a minute (I don't do this, ever). Take care sir, I said. You too dear and thank you dear, he said.
It was a good reminder to keep my "problem" in perspective. I have been following this program to a T and value it more and more every day. So if the PCP wants me to stuff my face to the finish, well then that's exactly I'm going to do. With gratitude.
Let's eat, friends.
xx
These feelings are all normal, give us one more week of eat eat eat and then you can dial back to what feels right. This is organ training now.
ReplyDeleteEat up we will --- how often do you get to stuff your face on a "diet"? :)
ReplyDeleteTell you what - I lost my arse pretty quickly although would have preferred losing my belly first.. with you on that. You get good karma when you give and acknowledge (referring to the elderly man). Totally with you on the diet increase.. good to know we can decrease later. Keep it up Chris: you're doing brilliant.
ReplyDeleteI am feeling in a similar way. I just do not know I can eat this muck FOOD. It's a none stop eating festival. That said, it's hard to argue with the results. Oooops, gotts run...time for breakfast.
ReplyDeleteHey Pink, I mean Chris. You look great. It is funny how sometimes whatever greater powers exist throw you something to keep things in check. Well done.
ReplyDeleteNice post and I'm really looking forward to seeing your final shots Chris.
ReplyDeleteIttadaikamsu!!